Deadline for $2,000 scholarship: May 31, 2019
Submissions are now closed.
Congratulations to recipient Tyler Frazier of DePaul University!
- Students enrolled in a college or university full-time in Fall 2019
- Send an email to
- The subject line should be "FirstName LastName - Your School"
- In the body of the email, paste your essay (no longer than 2,000 words, prompt selection below)
- Also include proof of enrollment for Fall 2019 (this can be a class schedule, or unofficial transcript)
The prompts (please select one):
- Many of us have been fortunate to have positive influences in our lives who have affected where or who we are today. Tell us about a mentor in your life who has influenced your decision to go to college, choice of major, or career aspirations.
- Role models are key people in our lives. Using research, present an argument for how and why schools should integrate mentorship more closely into our education system.
- Going to college is a challenging goal for many students. With your education, how do you intend to pay it forward, and be a role model or mentor for future generations of students?
- Applications will close May 31, 2019 at 11:59pm PDT
- By applying, you grant PeopleGrove, Inc. the unrestricted right to publish your essay in whole or in part, along with your name, in any of PeopleGrove's promotional material, on our website, or other publications.
- One recipient will be announced in June, and will be contacted through the same email address used to apply.
PeopleGrove is a success platform that enables institutions to provide scalable and personalized support through all phases of the student journey, working predominantly with higher education institutions. PeopleGrove has now partnered with over 150 institutions, ranging from large public universities like Arizona State University, Clemson University, and the University of Michigan, to smaller private schools and liberal arts colleges like Cornell University, Wellesley College, and Williams College, to online universities such as UMUC and Capella University. PeopleGrove mentors have collectively volunteered well over 50,000 hours of their time in support of students.